Saturday, February 9, 2008

: the end of an era as we've known it :

... and I feel fine. Actually, I don't ... I'm sad. I am realistic, but rather sad nevertheless. As I just put up on my FaceBook status ... "packed the books, cleaned out the office, handed in the keys". One of the last things I did was leaf through a set of elder's minutes for the decade of the '90's ... some things never change. It is startling how much has changed ( the players ), and yet how little has changed ( the issues ). As Tom Cowan, the pastor at LPC '81-'03, said on more than one occasion ... "we've been 'round this post before". I guess I need to sit down Monday morning over a coffee and write out all the great things that took place on my watch '99-'08?

Funny how God chose the church as the vehicle to bring His Kingdom in. He did that knowing full well the church would be populated, staffed, led and sometimes almost sunk by humans. As Andy said when he left this aft ... "there won't be any boards in heaven" ... and he didn't even say it meanly! There you go, wisdom from the young 'un! Well hiring him would be at the top of my Monday morning quarterback list of highlights.

dlc

No comments: