Friday, February 29, 2008

: the last farewell : 01 March 08 :


... tomorrow, Saturday 01 March 2008, there's a farewell party ( pour moi ) at Lambrick Park Church and thePlace Community. Strange. Even after not showing up there for work or worship all of February.

Anyhow, compliments of my sick sense of humour ( maybe? ) that olde Roger Whittaker song 'The Last Farewell' has been running through my mind this week. The first verse and chorus actually ain't a bad summary of how I feel if you can translate BC/Victoria and Lambrick into whatever ... when I wake up Sunday morning it will be the first day of a new journey. But I have loved 99% of my time at LPC, and there's just no way to put that into words.

So I'll let Roger do so ...

dlc

'The Last Farewell'

There's a ship lies rigged and ready in the harbour
Tomorrow for old England she sails
Far away from your land of endless sunshine
To my land full of rainy skies and gales
And I shall be aboard that ship tomorrow
Though my heart is full of tears at this farewell

For you are beautiful, and I have loved you dearly
More dearly than the spoken word can tell
For you are beautiful, and I have loved you dearly
More dearly than the spoken word can tell

No comments: