Monday, March 3, 2008

: just wondering about wwjd :

... can you tell my attempt at productivity this Monday morning is less than anticipated? I saw this on Scott William's 'blog ... 'diagonally parked in a parallel universe' ... and it is a good question this week, as Paul T asked us last night at thePlace to think about a specific disaster area in the world right now. My mind immediately went to the recent re-escalation of violence in Darfur, and when I saw this graphic, got to thinking ... most of our global disasters right now are not natural ones, they are human. Jesus, I am pretty sure, wouldn't 'bomb' anyone. He'd challenge them, overturn a few tables maybe, but there's way too much bombing going on. As Paul had us pray in response ...

"Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers"

dlc

No comments: