Wednesday, May 14, 2008

: on holding things lightly :

... my mentor, David, has taught me more than a few critical things over the years. Easily in the top 5 would have to be ... "holding things lightly" ... as in ... nothing we have is actually ours, we may have stewardship of it ( relationships, career, assets ) for a while, but it ain't ours. I have seen a few too many people hang on to stuff ... positions, jobs, resources ... to ever want to do that.

... so is it just me? or? is anyone else asking why is Hillary Clinton hanging on to, grasping even, the chance to be in power? politics aside, she seems so disingenuous to me, every time she's on a platform, or working a crowd. I cannot get past the images of her hanging on so tightly that she's going to lose it all, alienate her party, be sent back to the Senate, which somehow appears to be second best for her now? She's moved away from attack ads, from anti-Obama negativity, but I still don't get her argument that Democratic Uber-Delegates need to support her, as the most winnable. What happened to the best candidate for the party, and the country, and in the USA's case, the world? even IF it means not getting the power? easy for me to say, I guess ... harder if you have a crack a becoming the most powerful 'leader' in the world.

Guess I'd better finish reading Shane Claiborne's book 'Jesus for President' ...

dlc

ps. for both of you reading this, I really do need to finish off a couple of specific resumes, and get them off to the right people/places. My self-imposed deadline for having narrowed my options down to 2-3-4 realistic alternatives was early-mid May, which is now! Made some progress on that yesterday, which was why my Twitter updates ranged between marginally productive, and marginally productive. Wish me well, June 30th cometh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on Hillary. Time she lets go. It looks so desperate.