Sunday, July 13, 2008

: non-profit? n.f.p? social sector? = social profit :

... okay, I promise I will quit with this short post.
At the 3 day Appreciative Inquiry seminar I took back in May at Royal Roads University the lecturer/facilitator/trainer was advocating the term social profit ... sounded a bit odd to me at the time, not that I ever liked non-profit or really understood the use of the term not-for-profit ... but maybe I just needed a bit of time to let it percolate? Anyhow ... there's apparently lots out there on this ... here's a couple of things along that line.

Social Profit Network

Citizen Powered . org

Tactical Philanthopy

... just realized that, for me, this oaradigm shift probably started, in all likelihood, with the brief Jim Collins monograph following up on G2G. Here's a great explanation of it in a 2 part 'blog post ... scroll down to get Part I, then Part II. I guess he posted both parts on the same day?
Jim Collins on Good2Great and the Social Sectors


dlc

ps. I guess there's another conversation about terminology or semantics ... religious non-profits or religious not-for-profits vs faith-based social profit organizations?? another day, another day ...

No comments: