Wednesday, February 13, 2008

: surrounded :


... I realized this morning, after a number of good conversations this week already, that I am, have been, and continue to be surrounded by great people. Some close by, some far away, some virtual, some newer, some long time, some tangential, some close. It really is pretty remarkable, I think. It has been both odd, and oddly rewarding, to get people's perspectives and feedback as they process this transition of mine.

I guess I kind of put my head down, work away ... don't think so much about what people might see in you, or how you relate, or what you've accomplished, at least I don't. So even those conversations are shedding light on the next steps ... raising new ideas, eliminating others, focusing and broadening at the same time. It is nice to have this freedom right now to pursue these chats ... an hour on the phone this morning to Edmonton, an hour in our living room last night with good friends, the odd e-mail, FaceBook message, or even a e-Hallmark card coming my way, many of them supportive, asking/checking in, whatever. Like I said ... I am surrounded by really, really good people. Can't ask for much more.

dlc

ps. I couldn't resist adding to my FaceBook status the minor fact that this afternoon I washed the 1989 Jetta which will hit 275,000 kms this week, cut the grass, and raked up a ton of needles from the big Sequoia tree beside the driveway. All that while Toronto digs out from 3 successive storms in 2 weeks which have produced 3x the monthly average snowfall, which would be 70 cm ... I really don't miss that at all.

1 comment:

LJ said...

Ah... but you were back to counting rain drops today (Friday). Still, it beat snow anyday!