Tuesday, April 29, 2008

: from ridiculous to sublime :

... I wrote this post in my head while driving back to my folk's place tonight after dinner with the in-laws ( about 10 minutes apart ... north & south sides of the River Thames ). After a crazy couple of days making decision after decision re: downsizing, and feeling like a nasty first born son dis-allowing my parent's preferences about this furniture or that, and driving a pretty demanding schedule, all the while arranging rental trucks, booking elevators, placing classified moving/garage sale ads, and selling off a big old vehicle, life was feeling ridiculous ... and I had not yet been here 48 hours, but it feels like a week and then some.

... I headed back here about 9:20 pm in order to catch the Colorado vs Detroit Game 3, which isn't going very well right now. Southbound on Wonderland Road, across the Guy Lombardo bridge ( which will only make sense to 2 readers : JimmyK and KingBing ... who have spent time in London, ON ) on a clear April night, just dark enough, with the iPod jacked into the stereo on my rental, a Ford Edge Crossover SUV with the Trews pounding out 'Paranoid Freak' ... everything slowed down, like in that Acura commercial, and felt sublime. This is probably a $3000 stereo in a $40,000 vehicle ( I got upgraded at Pearson Airport, ask me sometime ).

So, from ridiculous to sublime ?

... my 10 minute drive from Oxford & HydePark in NW London across the river to Wonderland & Commissioners in SC London, ahhh!

BTW, there's a couple of biblical images ( get thee behind me ) in that Trews' song, as well as several great Canadian references ( I stand on guard for thee ).

Later,

dlc

No comments: