Tuesday, April 15, 2008

: ever wonder where aol went :

... once upon a time I had more AOL e-mail addresses in my address book than anything else. I've wondered a number of times whatever happened to AOL, besides going AWOL?

In the '90's and early '00's AOL literally carpet-bombed North American cities with free installation disks in the mail. Now I can't find a single myaddressis@aol.com in recent years in my in-box, not even my mother-in-law.

Well, the answer may be here, in a FastCompany article. As Jim Collins would say ... "maybe they forgot to confront the brutal facts?"

dlc

ps. www.jordoncooper.com beat me to posting this, so thought I'd better catch up. Sorry for the long, pasted in link below ... every time I want to do this I remember that I haven't mastered how! I 'think' the link aboveis working ... if not ... here it is :

www.fastcompany.com/magazine/124/dead-man-walking.html

No comments: